Friday, November 13, 2009

Milestones


Screaming for Attention


I have to say that everyday my baby does something different, new and exciting.  If it's not anything new, believe me it is not far away from manifesting. That's just how babies are, they perform things new all of the time. Either to get your attention, or just to do it because they are getting older and more milestones are starting to show up. 

Yesterday, all of a sudden, she started doing this screaming performance, playfully, to gain more attention then what she is already receiving anyway.  It's obviously because of her Clubfeet that she gets more attention. Me and my husband try so hard not to spoil her, but to no avail, because she is so precious and such a blessing to our family. You only enjoy this time once. It goes away quickly, because they grow up so fast in many ways. One day she is not going to want to be held, because that's how babies get.





She doesn't scream from crying or anything, she does it for attention. Like when some performers do silly things to gain attention. My baby does it to get even more attention, even though she gets most of the attention anyway, because she is the baby in the family. For the majority of the day yesterday, she decided to scream when I put her to sit down in her bouncer while I was washing dishes and cooking dinner. I would then turn around to look at her and then she would give me this broad laugh from ear to ear, telling me "Yea, I got you" sort of a smile.


I am a stay at home mother at this time, so I am taking care of my two youngest children at home while my husband is at work for the majority of the day. He doesn't come home until like 9/10:00 pm at night, so I be so exhausted when he finally comes home to take over. I hardly get any REAL rest for myself. It's like a mother's instinct to make sure your children are safe and comfortable, so you wouldn't have to be worrying or anything. Even though my husband takes over when he comes home from work, I still feel like I have to do something, anything for my kids. I just want them to be as comfortable as comfortable can get, you know what I mean? It's only natural, but I don't take it overboard or anything like that.


During the day I try to get a lot of things done with the kids here, otherwise I won't get anything done holding my baby in my arms all day. She prefers me to hold her all day, even when she takes her naps. Every time I put her down for a nap, expect her to wake up crying very soon, because she is used to being held, even when she is asleep. I try to put her down soon as she falls asleep to sort of teach her to fall asleep on her own. Sometimes it works, and other times she just wants to be held. My husband just holds her for the majority of the time because he doesn't like to hear her crying at all. I am going to admit, I do it to, sometimes.

privacy policy/disclaimer 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you For Visiting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Legitimate work at home employment

Help A Child be able to Walk

Top Free Sites

For Baby

Join Me on Facebook

Instagram