Monday, October 12, 2009

My Miracle baby born with Club Feet-The beginning

HIV disease in families and my experience



When I found out that I was pregnant with my third child, I was shocked.  I didn't expect it or either was trying to conceive. The news was surprising, but a blessing at the same time. It's a lot of people in this world that would love to bare children and are trying to conceive and can't. They go through all of these tests and fertility procedures, and sometimes nothing works. So they wouldn't have a choice but to adopt or have a serogate. I have gotten married 3 months before the big news.  So me and my husband was excited to have another child together.

I found out I was pregnant August of 2008, and I was already 7 weeks into the pregnancy.  I didn't know I was pregnant for that long, because my first daughter was 2 1/2, so I already was busy. I wasn't really paying attention to my body or the signs, I guess, until I started getting consistent cramping on the left side of my abdomen.  In addition my breasts were starting to feel sore and tender to the touch, then my period didn't come, that's when I knew.


I had to start taking prenatal vitamins, and something new this time compared to my previous pregnancies, folic acid pill. I can't stress enough the importance of taking folic acid during pregnancy. It prevents a neural tube defect called Spina Bifida. It's also contained in Orange Juice. That's why it is very important to maintain your health as well as to take some extra precautions before your planning to conceive;it will prevent a lot of health problems for the baby long-term.

I had a lot of nausea in this pregnancy, but soon as the 1st trimester ended, the nausea stopped. I really gained a lot of weight during the first trimester, because I ate a lot. Everything was going well, then other tests had to be taken, normal test taken during pregnancy, and the Tb test came back positive. I had to take extra test like a lung x-ray, had to cover my abdomen area, because I was 4 months pregnant at the time. Had to take some sputum specimens on three separate occasions in two week intervals. Every test came back negative. My regular doctor wanted me to take some medication anyway, just in case. Then the big test came, which was the Down Syndrome Screening Test. What scares people and also me was that I wasn't aware, at first, the this test wasn't a diagnosis, it was a screening to see what are my chances for my baby to come out with this disease. It came back positive. I had an OB/GYN doctor at the time who was very inconsiderate, with no compassion, who told me the news and left is like that. She didn't decide to give me and my husband, who was there, more information about the results of the test being "positive". We wasn't aware yet about the test being a screening either, at that time. The doctor's assistant was told to give us a pamphlet with information to take further testing and one of our options, at that time, was amniocentesis. We didn't agree on amniocentesis because it was more harm than benefit to choose that option.


We chose to call the Genetics Counselor in Westchester County to get more information on our options in this situation. We made and appointment with them in the following week or so. We were so worried the whole time we was waiting for the appointment day. We were gathering information off of the internet about other woman experiencing a "positive" result from their Down Syndrome Screening Test. Don't you know their were a lot of women who experienced the same senerio in my situation. I felt such a flash of relief over me. When we received the results of the test from the doctor, she gave us a copy of the results for our own records and also to show the Genetics Counselor.  On that document, their are a range of numbers based on the results of the Hormone level in your body that detects it to be in higher or lower amounts. Some hormones are priority to determine if the baby definitely has the disease or not. My levels, specifically, were in the right range for the baby to be on the safe side of not having Down Syndrome.  The Genetics Counselor also confirmed that when she was reading the results of my test.



Our Reviews





"Day to day experiences raising a child with Club Feet."

Mosaic Adventure
trekntour.com












Get your own reviews, free traffic at





So talking more with the counselor we were informed that almost 80% or more of women who take this Screening for Down Syndrome, the results come out "positive", and the baby would be born healthy. A huge boulder was lifted off me and my husband's shoulders at that point, because she confirmed the information that we have learned while researching on the internet. It was good to hear it in person from a person the specializes and has experience with this type of disease and how it is detected, especially. She answered all of our questions, candidly as well as thoroughly. She made us feel so relaxed and at ease with our worries and questions. She told us about another option to find out further, called the Second Level Sonogram. She gave us an appointment in two weeks for the first sonogram.

Stay at Home Moms on Circle of Moms
Stay at Home Moms




The day finally came to find out firsthand if there are any detectors for the determination. Me and my husband was so nervous you could use a knife to slice through it in the testing room. When the Ultrasound Assistant was taking the sonogram, I wanted to know right away if they see any detectors, because they were so quiet for a long time before saying anything. In the middle of her doing the sonogram, a few people just popped out of no where into the room and was just staring at the screen. I couldn't take anymore and I had to asked if everything was okay and she told me not to worry that everything was looking fine, but do I know that my baby's feet was going to be clubbed. I was shocked because I didn't expect that. I started to think and it became clear at that quick second that I would rather hear "clubfeet" than "Down Syndrome" diagnosis. Not to say that I wouldn't have loved her anyway, because that is not true. Every body wishes for a healthy baby and pregnancy without any complications. I had to continue to get Level II Sonograms until I was like 32 weeks.

privacy policy/disclaimer
 



Add Your Business For Free Today!

 Add Your Site For Free Today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you For Visiting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Legitimate work at home employment

Help A Child be able to Walk

Top Free Sites

For Baby

Join Me on Facebook

Instagram